The Better Future Foundation Scholarship
Dear Graduating Senior:
This year the Better Future Foundation will award a $6,000.00 scholarship to two graduating seniors. The scholarship awards are based on need, academic achievement, leadership, and participation in extra-curricular activities.
The completed scholarship application along with an official transcript must be mailed and postmarked no later than March 22, 2019 to:
The Better Future Foundation
ATTN: Brittany Duey Obert
6136 Frisco Square Blvd. #200
Frisco, TX 75034
After review of the applications and interviews with applicants, the Better Future Foundation Scholarship Committee will determine the recipient and present the award at a monthly Better Future Foundation meeting.
The Better Future Foundation Treasurer will issue a check for $750.00 each semester of a reward recipient’s attendance at junior college, college, or university for up to eight (8) semesters. The check will be made out to the junior college, college, or university of the student’s choice with instructions for the funds to be applied to the reward recipient’s account.
- The college or university must be a Southern Association or state accredited college, junior college, or university.
- The recipient must be a full-time student, defined by taking a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours.
- Recipients are required to maintain a 2.5 average on a four (4) point system or a 1.75 average on a three (3) point system.
- Beginning with the recipient student’s second semester, ensuing scholarship payments will be contingent on the student’s presenting to the Better Future Foundation scholarship chair a transcript showing the grade point average for that semester and proof of registration for the next semester.
- Recipients are asked to visit a Better Future Foundation Meeting at least once each year and report on their progress of studies.
- If the recipient drops out of school for two (2) consecutive semesters, their scholarship will be forfeited.
Please contact: Brittany Duey Obert with any questions at [email protected]
Brittany Duey Obert
Scholarship Chair, The Better Future Foundation